Men Do Stupid Stuff Part Deux

Love my husband.

LOVE HIM.

I married him AND I was sober.

Seriously I do but sometimes he drives me nuts.

Ella is now going to preschool in another county where we really don’t know anyone. Which is really no big deal except for the fact that the teachers  don’t know that I am married to a ding dong and that Ella nor I can really help it.

Ella has been bringing Dr. Seuss books home with an accompanying stuffed animal so we can sit down nightly and read a story.

A certain stuffed animal has come up missing at the school and no one can remember who was the last to receive it in their backpack. The teacher emailed all parents with a brief note  that said something to the effect of….

“We are missing a stuffed mongoose from the classroom.

Please check around your house to see if you have it and return to school please.

Thanks!”

Simple enough.

Little did I know when I filled out all those forms the first day of school they would actually email him instead of me….but they did.

And this was his reply…

“Ella brought home a live opossum. We haven’t returned him yet as he is not house broken.

Thanks.

Rico.”

Swears.

We haven’t had a reply from the school.

Guess who has to pick her up every day?

I am so embarrassed.

11 Comments so far

Comments for the post:
Men Do Stupid Stuff Part Deux

1. 1

Kiki said,

January 27, 2011 at 3:09 am:

LOL. great post. when you do get a reply, please post it. thanks for sharing and take care.

2. 2

Heather said,

January 27, 2011 at 4:26 am:

Yes, please do let us know what happens! ;-)

3. 3

TSeidel said,

January 28, 2011 at 2:20 am:

Awww!

And thanks for starting to post again! I love your posts, and I was really sad when you didn't post for like….forever.

PS. You take great pictures.

4. 4

patois said,

January 28, 2011 at 2:31 pm:

Now that's a man after my own heart!

5. 5

Farmchick said,

January 31, 2011 at 12:04 am:

BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! A true classic! I think we need a picture of this animal!!

6. 6

Charminsouthgal said,

January 31, 2011 at 5:49 pm:

Hilarious. Reminds me of myself as a girl. I used to bring home live frogs, caterpillars, etc. Once, my mama told me she was cleaning out our lunch boxes after school and opened mine to find a frog inside!

Whatever boldness I had as a girl about amphibians is LONG gone. A few years ago, I decided to clean out a fountain in our back yard. I was using a rake to heft out leaves from the water. Imagine my shock when, instead of leaves, I hefted out a bull frog!

Our gazes locked. It might have croaked (I think it stuck out its tongue), but I just started shrieking. I threw the rake AND the frog somewhere and hightailed it back in the house.

That was the last time I got close with a frog (or any of its cousins).

7. 7

Dfinkbeiner said,

February 2, 2011 at 3:12 pm:

Love it!!! The teacher will probably keep that note in her “strange notes from parents”
    file :)

8. 8

Guest said,

March 9, 2011 at 2:04 am:

(The comment is not for this post but I thought you wouldn't see it if I just posted it on a year old post. I found your blog through google and fell right on a post about a shack with a message painted on its side, it's about a snowy day, I'm not sure you remember. And I think you must already know what I'm about to tell, or it won't matter anymore, but oh well. The message is from a song called Our Lady Of Sorrows. As most of My Chemical Romance fanbase are teens, I'm almost sure that a teenager wrote that to pass the message on. Nice thing you found it, it's one of the most meaninful lyrics from the band. Sorry for taking your time. And, by the way, great blog)

9. 9

The Lucky Mommy said,

March 21, 2011 at 3:56 pm:

I just found your blog and LOVE it! I am laughing hysterically and YES I can relate.

10. 10

Leontien said,

July 20, 2011 at 1:38 am:

hahahahahahahahahaha

and some more

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha….

i think your hubby has a good sence of humor!

Thanks for the laugh!

Leontien
    but i still can't find your “followers” colum thingy…. i know blond and all….

11. 11

Jan said,

August 2, 2011 at 4:20 am:

Love it! Just when we think we have a little dignity our husbands or children find a way to bring us to our senses.

Trackbacking?

Leave Your Comment:

Your e-mail address will never be displayed, however both your name and email are required. Please be mindful of what you're posting.
Press "Submit Comment" when you are finished and wish to publish your comment.