Because someone thinks I’m a “national treasure”

dejoni

Today the good people at The Rising Blogger  showcased me as blogger of the day. I was elated, thrilled and shocked. Not because I don’t think I’m absolutely hilarious…cause I have conversations with myself all day long and I can guarantee you, I laugh my ass off much to the dismay of people around me. I’m the funniest person I know.

Since I like to toot my own horn, I’ll share a tidbit of what these delusional wonderful people had to say about me…

“The beauty of Dejoni’s writing about her day-to-day struggles and joys is deceptively obvious: She is a twenty-first century “everywoman,” a modern-day Erma Bombeck, a southern-based variation on Garrison Keillor.  As she blogs about life in Hooterville where, on some days, she survives it all only through Divine Intervention or the “Custom Deluxe” redneck truckher husband bought, she is speaking our all of our lives. Only the geography and names are different. She is blogging about life in a quintessentially American family. We can all relate to her tales of domestic tribulations because we’ve experienced our own as we keep it real in our own home towns just as she keeps it real in Hooterville. For that reason, Dejoni’s truly a “national treasure” and it is fitting that she receive the Post of the Day Award on the brink of the most American of all celebrations, the Fourth of July.b

Now I’ve been telling Rico for years that I was all that AND a bag of chips but he just laughed at my delusions of grandeur. Now I have PROOF that I’m full of fabulosity. It’s written on the internet for evermore and it’s time that he starts bowing down and respecting my AUTHOR-I-TAY!

As a “national treasure”, it’s really BENEATH me to do a whole boat load of tasks. Cooking….too good for it. Cleaning…too good for it. Back porch wiping…don’t think so..as if any “national treasure” would lower themselves to hiney wiping a 2 year old.

Now if I could just get Rico to understand that my body is a national landmark instead of the amusement park he’s been playing on, we might come to an understanding.

Yeah, right.

(I would like to say a big “thank you” to the great people at The Rising Blogger for the feature post.)

11 Comments so far

Comments for the post:
Because someone thinks I’m a “national treasure”

1. 1

Golden Girl said,

July 3, 2009 at 6:05 am:

Congrats on your honor. You are a national treasure and the Rico quip at the end of your entry had me laughing out loud. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.
    -Kiki

2. 2

Tammy said,

July 3, 2009 at 7:41 am:

That was quite an accolade! And well deserved – congrats!

3. 3

Jill said,

July 3, 2009 at 9:41 am:

I think you should print it out and put it on the refrigerator to remind the family of your fabulousness.

4. 4

sue said,

July 3, 2009 at 2:44 pm:

DJ-Not only are you funny,but a classy dame as well.

5. 5

sue said,

July 3, 2009 at 2:45 pm:

DJ-not only are you funny, you are a classy dame.
    hugs,sue

6. 6

Farmchick said,

July 3, 2009 at 2:49 pm:

When you get nominated for your academy award, I have to be your date.

7. 7

steve in florence ky said,

July 3, 2009 at 5:04 pm:

I found your blog from following blind pig & the acorn for about 9 months I’m guessing, maybe a year give or take 6 months. Anyway I’ve shared it with a few others and it is the best thing I’ve found to read for a great laugh. Its consistently entertaining. You make it look effortless and I know it can’t be that.
    Anyway congrats from Florence Ky.

8. 8

tipper said,

July 4, 2009 at 5:17 pm:

CONGRATULATIONS you so deserve it!! I agree you should print it out and put it on the fridg-you could also send a copy in all your Christmas cards : )

I’ve caught up on all your recent escapades-and I still think you should take this show on the road. You are too funny.

9. 9

Pissy said,

July 4, 2009 at 10:37 pm:

You SO deserved this award!

Congrats! :)

10. 10

Haley said,

July 5, 2009 at 1:00 am:

DJ, Congrats! You’re too funny!

11. 11

azn8tive said,

July 5, 2009 at 10:40 am:

Congrats!!! You deserve it – my day wouldn’t be complete without stopping by to see the latest happenings in Hooterville. :D

Trackbacking?

Leave Your Comment:

Your e-mail address will never be displayed, however both your name and email are required. Please be mindful of what you're posting.
Press "Submit Comment" when you are finished and wish to publish your comment.