Well, I’ve been tagged. I haven’t played tag since I was a kid…and I’ll admit, I’m not as fast as I used to be. Renee from Cutie Booty Cakes tagged me to “tell us/me/the world 10 interesting/random/quirky/normal/silly things about yourself…things you’re looking forward to. things about you personally, whatever you want.”
Here’s the dilemma…I have a ton of quirky, weird things…and I LOVE TALKING ABOUT MYSELF. I could go on for days because I am SO fabulous. Just kidding.
Here it goes…
1. I always have my toenails polished. 365 days a year…they always look good. My fingernails may be lacking at times but my toes are always pretty. My feet are another story. I get frequent pedicures but I always have this thick, calloused skin on my feet. I thought it happened to everyone but I found out on a recent pedicure trip with Farm Chick that I am abnormal. I thought she was gonna hurl when she saw the crap that lady shaved of the bottom of my feet. I was so embarrassed…NOT.
2. I love shoes, especially heels. If it was up to me, I would wear sandals, wedges or open toed shoes year round. Someday, I will live somewhere warm enough and have a job where I can do that.
3. If I won the lottery, I would change my life very little. I would buy a house in the Key’s and hire a full time housekeeper, but otherwise, would live in the same house I do now. I love my home life and would spend my summer days piddlin’ around the house and yard…the winters… I’d be tannin’ my hide in the South.
4. I am a classically trained musician. i played the flute for 9 years and was exceptionally gifted. Yeah, Farm Chick, I can toot my own horn.
I would have made a career out of it…but the pay sucks and there are no “world tours” for famous flautist.
5. I believe in ghosts and the paranormal. My husband says I get the “willies.” I don’t know what I call it, but I have a weird six sense and can usually tell when something bad is gonna happen. My mother is the same way.
6. I have very few “close” friends but the ones I have are true blue. It doesn’t matter how long we’ve been apart, we can pick right up from where we started like it was yesterday. All of them are card carrying, shovel toting members of the “Will bury your husband if we need to” club.
7. My taste in music is very eclectic. I love everything from the Rolling Stones to Andre Bocelli. I would love to be a singer but am seriously tone deaf. That doesn’t stop me from singing loudly in the car even though my kids tell me “Stop it Mommy.” In my mind…I sound great.
8. If I known now what I didn’t know then…i would have went to medical school. Then It seemed like it would’ve taken forever…but looking back, it was such a short time of my life.
9. I have horrible teeth. To look at me, you’d never know. The braces fixed the overbite and the crookedness but to date I’ve had 6 root canals and umpteen fillings. If I had the money, I would have all implants and never have a toothache again.
I will NEVER have dentures. I tell my friends if they get dentures, we can no longer be freinds. I can’t imagine talking and them flying out. It’s my one weird phobia.
10. I am deathly afraid of snakes and mice. I have been known to sleep in my car upon hearing a mouse scratching in the kitchen. The irony of this situation is that at one time I was on a medication derived from mouse protein. Go figure.
And when I’m outside in the summer, I’m always on the lookout for a snake. If one ever falls out of a tree on me…I’m gonna have to change my pants…possibly burn them.
Well, that’s me…well, part of me. If I told you all of it today, it would be WAY too much information.
I’m supposed to tag some fellow bloggers…these are a few of my favorite daily reads.