I’m craving mushrooms…stuffed mushrooms. Love them, love them, love them.
20-23 mushrooms, large cremini or white mushrooms-cleaned and caps removed
8 oz. Italian sausage, browned and drained
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 to 3/4 cup sharp cheddar
1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmesan
2 green onions, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown and drain sausage. In Kitchen Aid, blend sausage, cheeses and onions. Place mixture in mushroom caps.
Bake 20 minutes.
Serve right out of the oven and thank me later.
Ella wants ya’ll to know why she’s laughing…it’s because her Daddy dressed her like a Christmas tree and her Momma is mortified.
Ella says her Daddy dresses her like this all the time and he thinks she looks very hip.
I see therapy in her future.
She’s 10 going on 16…wanting to grow up so quickly.
Slow down, Ray Ray. Being a kid is so magical…please stop and enjoy it.
It will be over before you know it.
I know these days we are supposed to be “environmentally friendly.” I know I should do more to keep our Earth clean and green. I try to be conscious in my choices but I can tell you this…it might have been easy for Kermit to be green but it ain’t so easy for me.
First of all, I drive a big, stinking SUV. I love it. I hate the fuel economy that it gets but I love the fact that it’s big enough to hold it’s own on the road and I can buy a ton of crap at Walmart and know that I can get it home. Yes, I could get a hybrid SUV…and I will…but not til the price comes down to justify the outrageous difference in the cost. Plus, those little Wii cars will not take the impact of a semi that the Rover will. Does the Wii car have the capability of driving across the Sahara? NOOO! But my Rover does and if I ever find myself in a desert I know I will be able to drive out and find a 5 star hotel with a pool.
Second, I live in a very rural area. My garbage man does not pick up sorted boxes/bags of recycled material. He does good to pick up my regular old trash and half the time he leaves me nasty notes like….”Please limit your trash to 3 bags.” 3 BAGS??? I have two adults and two kids in this house…we have 3 BAGS a day. I kid you not. How do I eliminate my garbage to 3 bags? I’ll tell you how…I buy those gigantic contractor bags. You know the ones big enough for a couple bodies..and fill ‘er full. When I’m feeling exceptionally bitchy, I throw in a couple dead skunk carcasses my husband has destroyed. I know I’m his favorite customer.
My hair spray consumption alone has caused a huge hole in the ozone layer. It started back in the day with Aqua Net…remember the pink can? I now use a little less “white trash” brand but none the less, I use a lot. All those thermal pictures of the ozone layer you see on TV with a huge hole?. You can blame it on me. You see, it started getting progressively worse around 1985 and that’s when I started using a can every two day. Yes, every two days. You White Rain girls are just as bad… you just won’t admit it. Yankees.
My house is lit up like the Rockefeller’s live here. I love my big country porch and have beautiful lighted ceiling fans. They are so pretty at night…along with the small lamps in my front porch window….and the spotlight on my fountain…and every light on in the house. Yes, my meter goes round and round like a tilt-a-whirl and I’m killing our natural resources…but man, my house looks good.
I use commercial diapers. I know everyone is getting on the bandwagon and using cloth diapers. But honestly, I can’t do it. The crap that comes out of my kids butt is bad enough when I have to wrap it up in that diaper and pack it to the trash…I can’t imagine putting it in my washing machine. My nice, clean washing machine. Again, I live in a rural area…no diaper services here. it’s just the good old garbage man…and he loves my stinky diapers.
Our water consumption would fill Lake Mead. I know they’re going dry out there…and I hate it. if I could just get my husband and daughter to limit their showers from 45 minutes to 15…the world would be in a much better shape. I swear…how do you stay in the bath that long? My husband sits in the shower every morning for 30 minutes before he can utter a complete, coherent sentence. The man has issues. And Ray Ray…she thinks the jacuzzi garden tub is her personal pool.
I know we should be doing more…and I’m gonna try…even if that means giving up slowing down on the hairspray and turning off eliminating some lights..
It’s almost that time…when all the great white hunters go in pursuit of the elusive 15 point buck.
It’s like a scene out of Deliverance around here.
Flannel, camo, and hunting gear. Deer “cocaine” and urine. Feeding plots and hunting license.
A redneck’s paradise.
These two sweet, beautiful babies are so much alike and yet SO different.
Ray Ray is my dreamer, my artist, my carefree gal. She is the one who loves freely and deeply. If you meet Rachel, you’re instantly her friend for life. She gives amazing hugs that envelope your whole soul and her eyes are big blue saucers that are full of curiosity and life. She’s a child that attracts dirt like a magnet and feels most home in the mud. She sees no difference in people…regardless of race, gender, social status or disability. To Rachel, we are all God’s children…and that’s what I love about her most.
Ella is my thinker. She is cautious and shy and meets strangers with cornflower blue curious stares and weary looks. She is my evenflow. My calm. She hates to get dirty or have anything on her hands. She is girly and frilly and soft. She is kisses and cuddles and hugs…and that’s what I love about her most.
I am so blessed. Even on those nights they drive me insane…like tonight.
Both girls are my pride and joy…and my cause for sheer, utter exhaustion.
I wouldn’t trade them for the world…but maybe a full nights sleep.
Well, I’ve been tagged. I haven’t played tag since I was a kid…and I’ll admit, I’m not as fast as I used to be. Renee from Cutie Booty Cakes tagged me to “tell us/me/the world 10 interesting/random/quirky/normal/silly things about yourself…things you’re looking forward to. things about you personally, whatever you want.”
Here’s the dilemma…I have a ton of quirky, weird things…and I LOVE TALKING ABOUT MYSELF. I could go on for days because I am SO fabulous. Just kidding.
Here it goes…
1. I always have my toenails polished. 365 days a year…they always look good. My fingernails may be lacking at times but my toes are always pretty. My feet are another story. I get frequent pedicures but I always have this thick, calloused skin on my feet. I thought it happened to everyone but I found out on a recent pedicure trip with Farm Chick that I am abnormal. I thought she was gonna hurl when she saw the crap that lady shaved of the bottom of my feet. I was so embarrassed…NOT.
2. I love shoes, especially heels. If it was up to me, I would wear sandals, wedges or open toed shoes year round. Someday, I will live somewhere warm enough and have a job where I can do that.
3. If I won the lottery, I would change my life very little. I would buy a house in the Key’s and hire a full time housekeeper, but otherwise, would live in the same house I do now. I love my home life and would spend my summer days piddlin’ around the house and yard…the winters… I’d be tannin’ my hide in the South.
4. I am a classically trained musician. i played the flute for 9 years and was exceptionally gifted. Yeah, Farm Chick, I can toot my own horn.
I would have made a career out of it…but the pay sucks and there are no “world tours” for famous flautist.
5. I believe in ghosts and the paranormal. My husband says I get the “willies.” I don’t know what I call it, but I have a weird six sense and can usually tell when something bad is gonna happen. My mother is the same way.
6. I have very few “close” friends but the ones I have are true blue. It doesn’t matter how long we’ve been apart, we can pick right up from where we started like it was yesterday. All of them are card carrying, shovel toting members of the “Will bury your husband if we need to” club.
7. My taste in music is very eclectic. I love everything from the Rolling Stones to Andre Bocelli. I would love to be a singer but am seriously tone deaf. That doesn’t stop me from singing loudly in the car even though my kids tell me “Stop it Mommy.” In my mind…I sound great.
8. If I known now what I didn’t know then…i would have went to medical school. Then It seemed like it would’ve taken forever…but looking back, it was such a short time of my life.
9. I have horrible teeth. To look at me, you’d never know. The braces fixed the overbite and the crookedness but to date I’ve had 6 root canals and umpteen fillings. If I had the money, I would have all implants and never have a toothache again.
I will NEVER have dentures. I tell my friends if they get dentures, we can no longer be freinds. I can’t imagine talking and them flying out. It’s my one weird phobia.
10. I am deathly afraid of snakes and mice. I have been known to sleep in my car upon hearing a mouse scratching in the kitchen. The irony of this situation is that at one time I was on a medication derived from mouse protein. Go figure.
And when I’m outside in the summer, I’m always on the lookout for a snake. If one ever falls out of a tree on me…I’m gonna have to change my pants…possibly burn them.
Well, that’s me…well, part of me. If I told you all of it today, it would be WAY too much information.
I’m supposed to tag some fellow bloggers…these are a few of my favorite daily reads.
Planet Hot Flash
Ella had her first “bike” race at the State Fair this week. The Kentucky State Police set up a course for tots to race and learn about red lights and stop signs.
Cautious Ella was dead last and wouldn’t ride side saddle to boot. Doesn’t she know a southern gal ALWAYS rides side saddle???
Since I’m on a diet, I’m always thinking about food. Since I’m ALWAYS on a diet…I get a little obsessive thinking about all the food I’m missing out on…etouffee, pizza, pasta, red beans & rice, pie. The list could go on and on. Sweet carbs…love of my life…oh, how I miss you.
This recipe is a dish I have been craving every minute since the start of the “This time I’m serious diet.” My mother-in-law introduced me to it and it is FABULOUS.
The meat…the cheese…the SOUR CREAM! The CALORIES!!! Yes! Yes!
It’s a dish that’s fantastic for dinner, leftover breakfast or lunch. Who doesn’t like Mexican?
It’s so fantabulous I think I should change my name to Senorita Mamacita.
1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups salsa-mild, medium or hot- I prefer Pace Picante Hot
1 can black beans, drained
1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 cup sour cream
1 pckg Mexican blend cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brown meat and onion in medium-high heat; drain. Add salsa, beans, dressing and seasoning mix; mix well.
Arrange 3 of the tortillas in a single layer on the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish; cover with layers of half each of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat all layers. Cover with foil.
Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
I thought I’d share with you all my new summer refresher.
The Pink Lilly
2 cups Grapefruit Juice
2 cups Pineapple Juice
1 1/2 cup White Rum
1 cup chilled Club Soda
Splash of Grenadine
In a pitcher, combine juices and rum. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir well and pour into ice-filled martini glasses. Top with club soda and grenedine.